First uhm…ladies of the world unite…?

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but this one leaves me speechless!  Yep, you guessed it, this is none other than First lady Palin and five former first ladies of Alaska

2008firstladiestea_03_large1.jpg

I’m not trying to be judgmental or anything, but maybe we should enter Mr. Palin in our Apron giveaway.  What do ya’ll think?   (Check the side bar for a poll on this topic.)
Here is one of the tools we have to judge the situation before us with Mrs. Palin.  We have societal norms and standards, which while they are falling fast, still are based upon a biblical foundation.  This foundation is strong enough for most people to look at this picture and at least do a double take to see what the deal is.  How did you respond?

Here we have a picture of the antithesis.  If it is ok for Mrs. Palin to be a civil leader, then why is it so strange for a her man to be the first lady?

My friends let us not mince words, if God would not allow a woman to rule over a man in the home or in the church, is it likely that He would condone a woman ruling over all the men in the nation? I think not. At the same time, He may place a woman over this nation according to His sovereign will as a further sign of His judgment upon a nation.  Just like the the weak childish men we have leading us today are a sign of His judgment.

So here is the deal, in honor of calling this debacle what it is, a travesty in American history. If the majority of the Vaughnshire Readers believe that Mr. Palin would make use of a good apron, I personally will buy one and send it to him.  Check the poll on the side bar and register your vote.

• Oh my!!!!!!!!!! I about lost it!! That is just too funny!!!!

• Miss Kelly says:

One of these is not like the others…
    One of these just isn’t the same.

• ktesplin says:

How about some thoughts on how this might relate to the Biblical story of Esther? Could it be possible that a righteous woman would be put in a position by God, a position that she may not have sought on her own, which will enable her to save our nation from the likes of wicked men who would lead us astray?
    (I am NOT a feminist, just a stay-at-home mom who loves the Lord and is trying to support her husband as we strive to raise our family in righteousness. I just think this point deserves consideration. 🙂 )

• jariley says:

I come to your blog quite a bit and my husband and I used to work with your husband so we really enjoy reading all your adventures. I’m sorry, but I have to agree with ktesplin. My husband is in seminary. There are a lot of seminary wives that have children and are working while their husband attends school. Does it mean that they are bad mothers or wives because she is choosing to support her husband? Is our only place in life to not work and take care of our home? What if that is where God has placed her. Didn’t God place Deborah and Esther in the role that he gave them or was it sin that drove them to it?
    God has not given us children yet and I have a great professional job (managing men & women). Since I don’t have children, is this okay? My best friend has prayed for years that God would provide enough money for her to stay home with her children. God has not provided this for her so she continues to work. Is that a sin for her?
    I really do like Palin and I have to admit that at first I didn’t like it at all that she was a woman, but I researched her and prayed. I realized that if this is what God has planned for her I don’t see anything wrong with it. We just all need to keep praying that we vote for the person God wants us to vote for. If that means that I vote for a woman because she is a pro-life, Christian who loves her country and understands what it means to be a Christian in politics then that is what I will do. She excites me that there are some, in politics, that are not afraid to admit that they love God and want to do what God wills them to do (per various speeches she has done in the past few years and received bad reviews from liberal news for).
    Anyway, I will shutup now. :o) Tell Paul we said “hi”. ~Kevan and Jayde Riley

• PaulTN says:

KT – Yes, this is a point I look forward to discussing soon. I’m swamped this week, but would like to address this question that people are raising around the web, along with a few others, such as Deborah …

This is usually combined with what if God uses her to end Roe v. Wade? I don’t happen to believe either examples are relevant to this discussion. I’ll look forward to explaining why.

Another point that no one is discussing is the difference between addressing a person as a representative of an office, verses being judgmental about the person as an individual. I’m thinking of how Elijah addressed the prophets of Baal.

Lastly, many discuss issues from their own personal experience or current situation in life. We are all on a journey and are working out our salvation with “fear and trembling”. However, Palin’s situation is not simply a matter of help I found myself in this tough position and i really don’t know how to get out. Hers is a life of her choosing which is based on a well founded and constructed feminist belief that is at odds with the God of the Bible.

Of course the irony of God’s sovereignty is that He may place her in office. The question is not what will God do, as if He needs my help and consent to do what He desires. The question we need to ask is what are my duties to the God I serve according to His Word.

Thanks for raising a good point… I do look forward to continuing this discussion more over the weekend.

• PaulTN says:

Kevan and Jayde Riley,
    Great to hear from you and even better to hear that Kevan is in seminary. I look forward to hearing more about that. As I mentioned in my last comment, there is a lot to this topic and we are only scratching the surface.
    Many good solid reformed Christian friends are on opposite sides of this issue, so we want to walk with grace in our disagreements. But we also need to be firm and deliberate in our speech this is not a time for timid discussion. 🙂 We need to properly under scriptures about Deborah and Ester and the roles of men and women according to the bible.
    One of our biggest challenges in our culture today, is we are so emerged in feminist dogma that it often times clouds our vision and understanding of the scriptures. A great critique on this subject was written by the late John W. Robbins, called “The Church Effeminate”, published by The Trinity Foundation. Every Seminary student should have a copy. 🙂
    It is great to hear from you both….

• […] And get a load of this. This cracked me up…. Former Ladies of Alaska! […]

• shif says:

I shared this with others, thanks.

Miss Kelly— That is exactly what I thought—- complete with the little sing-song little pre-school tune going through my head…. 😉

Jayde– you bring up some points for discussion… thanks
    i think many are confused as to what people (us) actually believe in regards to women, their roles and their responsibilities — many immediately assume we are talking about a woman who never leaves the 4 walls of her home…and that is simply not what we believe or practice. Looking forward to discussing this with you more….