Last week my brother Pierce and I went to see if we trapped anything. We usually trap opossums but today we trapped a raccoon! We were very happy. We ran back and tell our Dad! Our Dad said to bring the raccoon to the house. So we went back to bring him up.
He will soon be a cooncap!
Now I will tell you how to skin a raccoon.
- Step one get a knife, a sharpener and a gun. A Twenty-two will work good.
- Step two, shoot him IN THE TRAP not out of the trap the raccoon might escape. But if you want a trap that is broken use a bigger caliber.
- Step three, cut head and feet off cut feet at the joint then hang him by the back legs.
- Step four, cut from leg to leg.
- Step five, cut from the back legs to neck then peel fur off.
- Step six, mix one part alum and one part salt and rub on the flesh side.
- Step seven, let dry in a cool shaded place for three days.
- Step eight, remove faty tissue and trim edges.
- Step nine, well, we have not got that far yet but we will soon. I will post again when we have a coon cap!!