Amelia’s Aprons….

In my article, Queen of My Own Domain, I mentioned the possibilities of starting home based work. My sister-in-law has done just that. She quit corporate america and came home to her children. She is now working part time as a nanny as well as working on her own home-based business called, Amelia’s Aprons.
I absolutely love the Edwardian Apron. She uses Jennie Chancey’s Edwardian Apron pattern. Here is a link to the apron that I have. This is my new favorite. She has just posted new aprons for May.
We also have her little girl’s apron (the adjustable one) and crayon aprons— great!
Edwardian ApronEdwardian Apron

Lol, that apron is MUCH prettier than your amish one!!! 😉

• admin says:

Haha! I know how much you liked wearing my amish apron 😉

• Jillian says:

Hello, I just found your blog and love it. I am a home-schooling mom and enjoy sites such as yours. I hope you don’t mind if I visit often! I am wondering where you got the skirt you are wearing in this picture. Did you use a pattern? I’d love to make one. God bless you and your lovely family.

Oh that’s really cool. I’m impressed with your SIL. That’s neat. I love the Edwardian Apron. It’s very feminine and practical at the same time. I love the Regency Apron’s too. She’s doing a great job with her sewing!

• admin says:

The skirt I am wearing is from April Cornell. I bought it at the April Cornell outlet in Memphis for $10. It is a great skirt…

• Jillian says:

Wish we had April Cornell in Canada. I’ll keep an eye out for a good pattern and fabric.

• admin says:

Ebay has tons of April Cornell things…especially since I heard they were closing their doors??? You might check there?
    Otherwise, the skirt is a simple skirt to make. It does have a small zipper in the back, also a tie front.
    I also have some others that are elastic waist, but I prefer the tie waist with babies and toddlers–I want to make sure it stays on me 😉

• Sally says:

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh…..I’m almost drooling over your apron! I find myself wearing my “Starbucks” apron a lot more than I planned on – lol
    Yours is much more feminine 🙂

• Sally says:

ps – Ethan has the cutest little apron for arts and crafts…it has tractors & trucks all over it – I had to find the most manly man apron available 😉
    It’s PERFECT for fingerpainting with pudding…of course, so is stripping him down to his diaper…but this way isn’t as chilly for the little guy!